Rolling Partitions?

From: Brian Wisniewski <brian_wisniewski_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 13:03:51 -0700 (PDT)

Oracle 8.1.6

Is there such a thing as rolling partitions? I have several tables I will need to partition for a new project with various requirements for how long the data will remain around.

The main fact table will have 100 days worth of data and I plan to partition this daily. I can write a script to take care of dropping the old and creating new partitions but I thought I'd heard about some way to do this automatically within Oracle but I cannot find anything on it.

I'm not sure how Oracle would handle this, but if it does I'd like to at least look into it. Does this exist and where are the doc's on it?

Thanks

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - Free email you can access from anywhere! http://mail.yahoo.com/ Received on Wed Sep 06 2000 - 15:03:51 CDT