bug in oracle on open VMS is a feature

From: Sackwitz, Antje <Sackwitz_at_vst.vossloh.de>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 14:25:49 +0200

Hi,
yesterday i told you that the linking bug of Version 805 on Open VMS is back in 816.
The impact is that Pro*C programms are really large: about 10-100 times larger than in Version7.3.4 or 8.0.5 pacth set applied - and as a consequence the response time goes down. Now we get the info from Oralce It's not a bug it's a feature and the development team is unwilling to bother around with such 'boring linker problems...'

I think Oracle is getting pretty ignorant. As we use the parallel server functionality and due to other internal reasons we cannot use Version 805.

Somehow I get the feeling if Oracle is still the best choice of a database.

Regards, Received on Wed Sep 06 2000 - 07:25:49 CDT