RE: analyze estimate sample size

From: Troiano, Paul (CAP, GEFA) <Paul.Troiano_at_gecapital.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 15:01:38 -0400

Ruth,

Here is the partial output of a describe on dbms_utlity ... Is this how you are analyzing the schema? If so, I think estimate rows is what you are looking for. Can't try it out now. My dev, test, etc server is currently having some sort of breakdown. Sun is looking into it though...

PROCEDURE ANALYZE_SCHEMA

 Argument Name                  Type                    In/Out Default?
 ------------------------------ ----------------------- ------ --------
 SCHEMA                         VARCHAR2                IN
 METHOD                         VARCHAR2                IN
 ESTIMATE_ROWS                  NUMBER                  IN     DEFAULT
 ESTIMATE_PERCENT               NUMBER                  IN     DEFAULT
 METHOD_OPT                     VARCHAR2                IN     DEFAULT

		Author: Ruth Gramolini
		  INET: rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us

		Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858)
538-5051
		San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access /
Mailing Lists

		(or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).
You may
		also send the HELP command for other information (like