Re: multiple concurrent imports into the same database

From: Katherine Harms <KHarms_at_alegent.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 12:05:57 -0500

I routinely use this method if I need to import a large file with multiple = tables. I have done it with file less than 2G simply using ignore=3Dn. I = get a lot of import errors because an object already exists, but the job = completes successfully in about 4 hours. I have also done it with = compressed files which would decompress to more than 2G. In that case, I = use a unique pipe for each import which decompreses the single dump file. = I have run up to 6 imports simultaneously with success. The caveat is = that nothing else can really be happening on the server in question, = because all those processes use up a lot of resources.

Katherine Harms
Oracle DBA
Alegent Health
402-717-1023
kharms_at_alegent.org

>>> BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca 09/02/00 02:35PM >>>
Just to be curious,

Is it possible to run say, two, three, four, five simultaneous imports against the same database?

Would that speed things up?

Thanks.

Another wacky idea brought to you by

Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des syst=E8mes
Technology Services        | Services technologiques
Informatics Branch         | Direction de l'informatique=20
Maritimes Region, DFO      | R=E9gion des Maritimes, MPO

E-Mail: boivinp_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca <mailto:boivinp_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>=20

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca=20