Re: Oracle Management Server

From: ARUN K C <arun_k_c_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 20:37:07 GMT

this error comes because the management server is up before the database is up so when it tries to connect it cannot find the database and gives u the error
for this I can say that, make this management server manual and once the database and the listener is up and running start the management server manually it should work and also apply the patch otherwise there is a chance of oms die without notice

>From: "Mark Leith" <mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk>
>To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
>Subject: Oracle Management Server
>Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 08:26:45 -0800
>
>Gurus,
>
>NT4 sp6, 8.0.4, OEM 2.1
>
>I'm having trouble with the Oracle Management Server agent for OEM. The
>service is set to start-up automatically on start-up of the machine. Only
>the service fails and gives the following error in Event Viewer:
>
> The OracleOEMManagementServer service failed to start due to the
>following error:
> The system cannot find the path specified.
>
>Now, OEM is installed on a mapped network drive (E:) (I'm not sure if this
>is the problem). In my path statement I have the following entries:
>
> E:\OEM_HOME\bin;C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.1.7
>\bin;C:\orant\bin;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\WIN32APP\TOOLKIT;E:\OEM_HOME
>\orb\bin
>
>My NT box is also the database server. Does anybody have a clue on what the
>problem is?
>
>Any help much appreciated.
>
>Mark
>
>Mark Leith

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at Received on Tue Sep 05 2000 - 15:37:07 CDT