RE: Why ask more ?

From: Sing Gunmeet-G14987 <G.Singh_at_motorola.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 10:13:31 -0400

I have found this to be a very common occurance. When I am moving databases from production to development etc, I use the online backups.
What I do is take the redo log file which should have been archived next and copy it manually as an archived
log file with the right name. This will take care of the problem(i.e. assuming that you have the redolog files).

If the redo log files are not available then you would have to use cancel based recovery.

Regards,
Gunmeet Singh
DBA
Motorola ESG