Re: simple (?) recovery question

From: Paul Drake <paled_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 00:54:09 -0400

grant.g.holyoake_at_centrelink.gov.au wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Forgive my ignorance but I have only had a couple of months exposure to Oracle
> (Sybase background!):
>
> We are using Oracle 8i (8.1.6.0.0) on Solaris 2.6.

8.1.6.0.0 ?
patch that.
0.0 releases are scary.
I believe that Solaris has the 8.1.6.2.0 available.

If you have *all* of the archived redo logs since the datafile was created, you should be able to re-create the datafile and recover it from all of the archived redo log files. This could be a huge task. Received on Mon Sep 04 2000 - 23:54:09 CDT