RE : Sql Loader - Rejects processing takes long - 2 time

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 14:44:05 +0200

Surjit,

Primary key violations take a long time to process because they are detected when the primary key index is inserted, which is AFTER the row has been inserted (since one must know the rowid to store it into the index). Which means that a lot of things need to be undone when ooooops !, contrarily to what might occur when trying to insert a NULL in a mandatory column or similar. Moreover, I have been told by Jonathan Lewis that, at least with some versions of Oracle, displaying the error message (which contains the constraint name) requires additional accesses to the data dictionary, as this kind of information doesn't belong to what is usually cached in SGA. Add up everything ...

--
Regards,

  Stephane Faroult
  email: sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com