Oracle 8i on Solaris 8(Intel Platform)

From: Kamalakannan, D (CAP, GCF) <D.Kamalakannan_at_gecapital.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 11:18:49 +0200

Hi everybody,
I have got Solaris 8 on Intel Server as a Test machine. I wanted to Install Oracle 8i- oracle 8.1.5 atleast in this machine. I went to the Oracle Technology network but found nothing specifically for Solaris 8 intel platform.
I had a CD which says that it is Oracle 8.1.5 for Solaris Intel Platform and SCO Unixware,but unfortunately when I give runInstaller command it points to a directory which does not exist.
and gives me an error Director: not found My question whether anybody is using Oracle on Intel Plaform Solaris 8. Any clues will be quite useful.
Thanks, Received on Mon Sep 04 2000 - 04:18:49 CDT