One listener, multiple instances

From: Chris Call <Chris.Call_at_rm.panurgy.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 11:28:31 -0600

I have a Sun E4500 running Solaris and 8.1.6. This machine has 3 instances sharing one ORACLE_HOME. I am trying to have a single listener listen for all 3 instances, but it is not working. Connecting to the database with which the listener was originally created works fine, but when I try to connect to the other 2 databases (both of which have entries in the listener.ora), I get an "Oracle not available." Has anyone seen this or know what the solution is?

TIA.............. Received on Fri Sep 01 2000 - 12:28:31 CDT