Re: Oracle on NT over IPX

From: <renato.huliganga_at_au1.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 16:11:44 +1100

--0__=ILmeNF7Oapd8WXe3KAPyUR4sYGQUEgjNkajEq7yQGDjYqGKN0pv3kcVW

I've done this before (be it a long time ago). V 7.16 or 7.23 I guess. I could remember Oracle support not being able to help me at all. However, after so much trying I was able to make it work.

You have to install the Netware client software (from Novell not the one from MS) at least in your NT server. If you can also install it on your client PCs. By installing the Netware client software, the IPX/SPX protocol stack by MS is replaced with the one written by Novell.

HTH
Renato

Carlos Magno <cmagno_at_trueaccess.com.br> on 01/09/2000 08:18:30

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc: (bcc: Renato Huliganga/Australia/IBM) Subject: Oracle on NT over IPX

--0__=ILmeNF7Oapd8WXe3KAPyUR4sYGQUEgjNkajEq7yQGDjYqGKN0pv3kcVW

Hi,

 I have an enviroment with one Oracle Server version 8.1.6 on a NT Server (version 4.0 and SP 6a) using the protocol IPX, I configured the=

listener locally to connect via IPX and it worked fine, so I tried to connect to the Oracle via ODBC on other NT machine over the protocol IPX, but the machine does not connect to the database (I could map a directory from the NT machine, so the protocol is working fine). I trie= d
to use the command tsnping but it doesn=B4t work, it stay "Attemptin to=

connect...", with no answer. I instaled SAP Agent and the Gateway Services for Netware, but nothing changed, Does anybody have experience=

with this installation and configuration just using IPX and NT (I don=B4= t
have any Novell server on my enviroment) ?

Regards,

Carlos Magno

Author: Carlos Magno
  INET: cmagno_at_trueaccess.com.br