RE: Upgrade question

From: Janardhana Babu <jbdonga_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 16:49:01 -0700

Koivu,

I did use the same script to upgrade from 8.1.5 to 8.1.6 (Manual Upgrade method), There are some post upgrade steps that needs to be done. I used: JVMU815.sql ($O_H/javavm/install directory). . Then you need to Install ODCI.jar and CartridgeServices.jar using the following commands:

loadjava -user sys/pw -resolve -synonym -grant public -verbose
$O_H/rdbms/jlib/ODCI.jar

loadjava -user sys/pw -resolve -synonym -grant public -verbose
$O_H/rdbms/jlib/CartridgeServices.jar

Then test the # of objects using select count(*) from all_objects where object_type like '%JAVA%'; It should return more than 4000 objects I believe.

My environment is HP-UX 11.0(64bit) and Oracle8.1.6(64bit).

Goodluck,
-- Janardhana Babu