How to copy in unix.....

From: Aldi Barco <ipal_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 20:43:36 JAVT

Hi list,

I have some softlink files (created using ln -s) in a directory : directory my1 :
data.dbf ----> data1.dbf

If I copy directory my1 into directory my2, and then restore my2 into my1, the result in my1 is : data1.dbf, not the softlink as above.

What I want is when restoring the directory or files, the result is as original (softlink itself) i.e :
directory my1 :
data.dbf ----> data1.dbf

How to do that ?
Thanks.