RE: Latching / Oracle support problems

From: Terrian, Thomas <Thomas.Terrian_at_standardregister.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 09:37:16 -0400

Ok, Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Adams [mailto:steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au] Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2000 9:35 AM
To: Terrian, Thomas; Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: RE: Latching / Oracle support problems

Hi Tom,

The latch wait list and its latches are explained on page 27 of my book. The others are all associated with parallel execution. These miss rates are probably
not of concern. It is of the nature of parallel execution that several processes
tend to want the same latches at the same time. In any event, as with all latching, it is the number of sleeps that you should be concerned with, not the
number of misses.

@ Regards,
@ Steve Adams
@ http://www.ixora.com.au/
@ http://www.christianity.net.au/
@
@ Going to OpenWorld?
@ Catch the Ixora performance tuning seminar too!
@ See http://www.ixora.com.au/seminars/ for details.

From: Steve Adams [mailto:steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au] Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2000 8:51 AM
To: Terrian, Thomas; Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: RE: Latching / Oracle support problems

Hi Tom,

What makes you think that there is a problem here?