RE: openworld

From: Steve Orr <sorr_at_arzoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:27:10 -0700

After a LONG, LONG dry spell I'm finally going to an Oracle event. Yahoo! (Been to iDevelop but it's not the same.) For several years I was an independent consultant and didn't go either because of the expense or because I was too busy on an implementation. Now I get to go despite being on Internet time with a dot.com. Everything's paid for and I also get paid while I'm there... what a concept... almost makes the employee model worthwhile. :-)

Rachel, I was thinking about lugging one of your books along to get an autograph but then I thought it would be better to get your autograph on "the tab." :-) Are you presenting? Didn't see your name on any sessions.

I'm local (and loco) so I'll be driving or training from San Jose everyday. After a week of that I'll be ready to go back to work for some rest.

Steve Orr