Re: NT performance issues

From: Tom Pall <tom_at_cdproc.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 12:18:13 -0500

I recently attended the Oracle Internals, Backup/Recovery, Events, Optimizer seminars.

Your example was the one our instructor used to talk about the need for freelists groups and lots of freelists.

However, I've been told by Oracle Support that log switches every few minutes can result in really bad things happening to a database, and should be avoided by building bigger log files.