Storing and displaying punctuation (TO_NUMBER revisited)

From: Glenn Travis <Glenn.Travis_at_wcom.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 16:27:37 -0400

In light of hte TO_NUMBER posts, I have a somewhat related question;

How do you handle the storing of punctuation in the database and how do you handle displaying it in web pages?

Key example is text strings (most specifically names); e.g. "Joe's Garage"

If a user inputs this in a field on a web page, I have to parse it to find the "'", so I can add another "'" in order to insert it into the database ('Joe''s Garage'). What about displaying it back as a <input> tag in html. What about double quotes (")? Received on Thu Aug 31 2000 - 15:27:37 CDT