Re: LOCAL registry variable for 8.1.6

From: Paul Drake <paled_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 23:05:44 -0400

Hi.

What has always worked for me is to just set environment variables. So this is a regedt32.exe - free solution. If you start sqlplusw.exe from the command line (or use a batch file to launch it)
then you don't have to login at all, e.g.:

REM file start_sqlplusw.bat
set ORACLE_SID=EMSDEV
start /B /I sqlplusw.exe system/manager
exit
REM end of file start_sqlplusw.bat

that will get you in.
of course, it also means that you have a username/password sitting there in clear text.
Then again, if you're running NT, its not like you're worried about security, anyway.

note: this assumes that you have not created an environment variable in the system applet.
You can set the default ORACLE_SID by creating an environment variable. depending upon if you're running NT or W2K, this will vary somewhat.

Any more MS stuff posted to this list, and I'm afraid of being branded "assimilated", so email me if you need details as to how to add an environment variable (only per user).

hth,

Paul