RE: Become User privilege

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 16:14:24 +1000

Hi Matt,

The ALTER SESSION SET CURRENT_SCHEMA command is at last mentioned in the Oracle8i documentation set.
However, it only changes the default schema of reference, not the user identity, and therefore cannot be used to perform grants on behalf of the schema owner.

What you can do however is to temporarily create a procedure in that schema which takes an arbitrary SQL statement as the argument and executes it using DBMS_SQL. You then just call that procedure with the grant statement as the argument, and it will be performed in a recursive session with the identity of the schema owner.

This idea comes from http://www.oracledba.co.uk/tips/grants.htm.

@ Regards,
@ Steve Adams
@ http://www.ixora.com.au/