Re: Quest: I/Watch and Spotlight

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 07:55:28 -0400

CONGRATS on the first exam....
I looked at I-Monitor last year and was very impressed with the presentatio= n and the easy of the drill down. It is a LOT cheaper than the OEM. The = last quote for Spotlight was approx $2400 and the bill for OEM was $16,000 = with Diag, Tuning, and Change mon. OEM would not load easily on my Novell = client and screwwed up my applications so I returned it. I have budgeted = for the Spotlight and SQL Expert from Quest and waiting on a quote price. = I would suggest you contact the Quest people and get a 30 day trial of the = software. I think it is an easy product to use and the display is = accurate.
Ron Rogers
DBA OCP
Atl.GA

>>> cameronkgd_at_inac.gc.ca 08/29/00 06:23PM >>>
Looking for comments:

I'm planning to purchase a copy of Quest's Spotlight (formerly Instance = Monitor) and I/Watch. I'm feeling a little guilty about spending the = money when I know that with enough time and effort I could likely set up = the necessary jobs and events in OEM to do the monitoring I need.

If anyone out there uses these products, I'd appreciate some feedback. =

Are they useful?  They sure are pretty, but is it more than skin deep?  Is =
the ease-of-use and graphic representation worth the money?  This is a bit =
off-topic, so feel free to contact me directly at cameronkgd_at_inac.gc.ca.=20=

Thanks for your expertise!

Author: Kristen Cameron
  INET: cameronkgd_at_inac.gc.ca=20