core_dump_dest parameter query

From: O'Neill, Sean <Sean.ONeill_at_organon.ie>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 10:30:53 +0200

Hi Folks,

NT4-SP4, Oracle V8.0.5. Default value for core_dump_dest parameter is $ORACLE_HOME/DBS. How do I specify a value different to the default?. Tried placing following in INIT.ORA
core_dump_dest = f:\oradba\admin\tst\cdump but that resulted in
LRM-00101: unknown parameter name 'core_dump_dest' ORA-01078: failure in processing system parameters Is a registry tweak required perhaps?

I could not find anything in manuals other than default value. If there is more please let me know too!.

Regards,
Sean :)

#    #   #    #  #    #  #    #  Rookie
#    #  #######  ######  #    #  Adminstrator
Organon (Ireland) Ltd.
E-mail: sean.oneill_at_organon.ie [subscribed: Digest Mode]

The only man who never makes a mistake is the man who never does anything. Received on Wed Aug 30 2000 - 03:30:53 CDT