Latch Free Problem

From: Sandy Druar <sdruar_at_eckerd.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 12:07:16 -0400

Dear Listers,

We are running this job which is talking over 24 hours to process. This job usually takes 1 hour to process with running parallel 4. But for some reason the select is not using the index and this table has 43 partitions. The following is the explain plan through top session.

----Select Statement

|-->Sort (group by)

            |-->Hash Join
                  |-->Partition (Concatenated)
                        |--> Table Access (Full)
                  |--> Table Access (Full)

I did a select on v$session_wait and noticed that all four sids had a latch free for several hours. What can I do to fix this problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sandy Druar
Oracle DBA
sdruar_at_eckerd.com Received on Wed Aug 30 2000 - 11:07:16 CDT