RE: Number of open cursors

From: Jeffery Stevenson <jeff_at_mpv.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 14:01:15 -0500

But it can happen, I ran into a situation where a vendor provided load/migration utility had some "minor" problems. One of these problems was that I had to set open_cursors to 25000 in order for the utility to be able to process one of their 20000 line files (as a workaround because the vendor didn't feel the need to fix the problem). Luckily it was only this utility that had this problem and not the actual application itself (it had its own issues to deal with), so I could cut back on the resource usage after the initial data loads were done.

Jeffery Stevenson
Chief Database Geek
Medical Present Value, Inc.
Austin, TX