Re: Latch Free Problem - Need Help

From: Sandy Druar <sdruar_at_eckerd.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 14:02:36 -0400

The partition key is by period_key and the index is by period_key,product_key,org_key. The where clause includes period_key, product_key and org_key.

We sent 3 system state dumps to Oracle, and they are saying The main latch free was cache buffer chains latch. This is not uncommon when the buffer cache is getting hit hard.

I should run a bstat/estat for 2 hours during peak processing to see if there is any tuning that we can do that will help alleviate this issue.

Thanks, Sandy