RE: Become User privilege

From: Kimberly Smith <kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 09:31:12 -0700

I normally would not even want to reorganize user tables. So I guess I never had a reason to complain about that. For the most part I deal only with the application accounts and I sure don't have 60 of those. I would then grant to roles and grant the roles to users. If joe blow developer needs a table in his own account they know how to create them or I tell them how (or point them to the proper manual). They do not need them tuned in that environment. They are not on my production system so its not affecting anything else. That is the way its worked on all enviroments I have been in. Now granted there could be someone out there that has 60 application accounts but if it should still be the dba touching the production accounts so consolidate the passwords.

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com