warm standby

From: Adam Turner <ATurner_at_concretemedia.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 09:52:51 -0400

Is there anybody out there willing to offer some insights into how well it has gone for you? We are building out our system now and it will be a warm standby solution with a monitoring / copy agent written by our developers in perl. I am just looking for any additional insights or whitepapers. I have the one from metalink - it talks about "optional" archive log destinations as an init parameter. I have heard that this doesn't seem to work - the DB still hangs if it cannot access the destination. I guess it's a bit of a double edged sword anyway - if it fails to write then the standby is out of sync. I'll post more info as we build, but other's experience would be great.

thanks, Received on Tue Aug 29 2000 - 08:52:51 CDT