RE: ORA-01552 : ( ===> Now a linux discussion

From: Shevtsov, Eduard <EShevtsov_at_flagship.ru>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 11:13:03 +0400

Hi Bob

 I don't know this is truth or not. I've read the following letter in one of the russian oracle newsgroups.

Oracle is driving current market demand and opportunity by ensuring that our product offerings are consistent across strategic operating systems. Tighter integration with fewer operating systems has become a higher priority for our customers. This is particularly true in today's Internet environment where clear choices are being made on fewer operating systems which have a predominant share of the market.

Based on these conditions, Intel Solaris is no longer included as part of Oracle's strategic platforms. Oracle products will no longer be developed on the Intel Solaris platform, which includes Oracle Developer 7.0, iAS 8i, Oracle 8.2, and Oracle Applications 11i. Oracle will continue to support the existing products on the Intel Solaris platform. This support will exist through standard product support lifecycle policies in practice today

This system consolidation enables Oracle to make its suite of products available for simultaneous release on the following operating systems: Compaq Tru64
Linux Intel
HP HP-UX(64-bit)
IBM AIX(64-bit)
Solaris SPARC
Windows NT

I hope this helps you to make your choice

Edward