RE: Become User privilege

From: <achoto_at_american.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 13:21:51 -0400

Right on!

Ana

                    "Jesse, Rich"
                    <Rich.Jesse_at_qti        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    world.com>             cc:
                    Sent by:               Subject:     RE: Become User privilege
                    root_at_fatcity.co

                    08/29/00 12:48
                    PM
                    Please respond
                    to ORACLE-L

That'll work fine and dandy until you try and GRANT privs on those objects to other users.

<soapbox on>

No one has yet been able to satisfactorily explain to me, the "A" in "DBA", why I don't have full control of database security! I can create objects on
behalf of users, but I can't grant security on those objects to others??? So now I have to have a list of 60 different Oracle accounts and passwords that I need to use and maintain in order to reorg user tables. Why, why, WHY??? <fume, fume>

<soapbox off>

Rich Jesse                          System/Database Administrator
Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com             QTI -- Sussex, WI USA

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com