RE: How do you purge an NT machine (of oracle)

From: Anderson, Brian <andersob_at_mail.dartnet.peachnet.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 14:27:33 -0400

I'm sure you deleted your ORACLE_HOME, but did you get the oracle directory that it sticks out in PROGRAM FILES with inventory info about the installation.

c:\Program Files\Oracle

I've seen a paper about completely getting rid of oracle on NT, I think it was at either metalink or OTN.

 Brian L. Anderson
 Systems Analyst/DBA
 Darton College
 andersob_at_mail.dartnet.peachnet.edu

       I DIDN'T DO IT!!! -----Original Message-----
From: Shaw, John B [mailto:jbshaw_at_ingr.com] Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2000 12:27 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: How do you purge an NT machine (of oracle)

I've done an uninstall,
oradim -delete
gone thru the registries - hkey_local_machine and hkey_current_config and deleted everything that I could related to oracle. I deleted the oracle directories.
But when I went to reinstall - it still thought there was an older version -

where is it hiding this info?
Short of reinstalling NT how do you completely get rid of oracle?
(my intention is not to start a thread on the boat anchoring capabilities of
NT servers)

Intergraph Public Safety
mailstop LR24A4
jbshaw_at_ingr.com
256-730-8038
All the usual disclaimers and some of the certifications

Author: Shaw, John B
  INET: jbshaw_at_ingr.com