DRASForms Changes

From: Fowler, Kenneth R <kenneth_r_fowler_at_groton.pfizer.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 14:51:21 -0400

Carol,

I have made a copy of DRASForms and have been testing changes to the application form and to the database schema to change the DESIGN field away from type LONG. I have done the following...

  1. Changed the DESIGN field on the PROTOTYPE table to VARCHAR2(255) from LONG
  2. Added another field (DESIGN_CONT) which is also of type VARCHAR2(255).
  3. Changed the form to incorporate the above changes.

Note that the above has been done to a separate form and schema which will currently have no effect on production. I would like you to test this out when you have a chance. You can access this test schema in the same way as normal DRASForms except that instead of typing DRASFORMS at the prompt you instead need to type @UTDRAS:DRASFORMS_KRF. Please give this a try and let me know if it behaves ok.

Also, three rows have crept above 255 chars which will need to be changed/split before I do the conversion on production...

SQL> @LONGLENGTH.SQL

Proj: 128  Subno: 34629  Subdt: 18-JUL-00  Prot: A1281042  Len: 273
Proj: 308  Subno: 481715  Subdt: 18-JUL-00  Prot: A3081001  Len: 426
Proj: 317  Subno: 544439  Subdt: 10-AUG-00  Prot: A3171005  Len: 274
Min: 0 Max: 426 Cnt: 3533 Tot: 471060

If you decide you are happy with the changes we will then arrange to have them put in production. Were you involved in validation of DRASForms for Y2K changes??

	Ken

(Kenneth R Fowler)
(860) 732 0026 (Voice)
(860) 732 3689 (Fax)
Clinical Systems DBA Support Kenneth_R_Fowler_at_groton.pfizer.com