RMAN -- multiple target databases

From: <cemail_at_sprintmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 10:07:14 -0700

HPUX, Oracle 8.0.5

Have an RMAN database called RMAN, set up on Box 1. Have a target database (DB1) on Box 2 that I want to use to test the backup and recovery process. After it is successful, would then like to use the same RMAN database to target another database (DB#2) on Box 3.

Target database #1 and #2 have the same SID but different TNSNAMES aliases because one is development and the other is production.  Is it possible to use the same RMAN database and target more than one database like this? Do I just need to create separate schemas within RMAN database and run the catrman script to be able to accomplish this?

The RMAN database was pre-existing on this box. Is there any quick way to see if RMAN was linked up with Veritos successfully?  Does anybody have any directions on how to link it up with Veritos?

Sent using MailStart.com ( http://MailStart.Com/welcome.html ) The FREE way to access your mailbox via any web browser, anywhere! Received on Fri Aug 25 2000 - 12:07:14 CDT