Tables=(*) not working in 816 while importing ...

From: Janardhana Babu <jbdonga_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 10:34:50 -0700

Dear list,

I need to import tables data and eliminate all other objects from the export dump file while importing. I used the following parameter file:

userid=system/Password
buffer=1048576
file=/usr/local/oracle/temp/exp_temp.dmp ignore=y
grants=n
indexes=y
rows=y
commit=y
log=/usr/local/oracle/temp/imp_temp_dsclose.log fromuser=babujd
touser=babujd
tables=(*)

The parameter tables=(*) is not working for me. The message in the logfile is: import completed successfully without warnings. Actually no tables are imported. The DB is 8.1.6.0.0(64bit) on HP-UX(11.0 64bit). I tried using \(*\), (\*), *, \* etc etc. but no success.

The logfile contents are as follows:

Connected to: Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.6.0.0, 64 bit - Production
With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 8.1.6.0.0 - Production

Export file created by EXPORT:V08.01.06 via conventional path import done in US7ASCII character set and US7ASCII NCHAR character set Import terminated successfully without warnings.

If I do the same experimetation on 815(64bit) on HP-UX(64bit), it works fine and all the tables are imported.

To workaround the problem, I imported in user mode and dropped all the other objects except tables and indexes. I need to do this many times. If anyone knows the solution, please let know. It would be appreciated. Received on Thu Aug 24 2000 - 12:34:50 CDT