v$controlfile in nomount

From: Rajesh Dayal <Rajesh_at_ohitelecom.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 11:42:56 +0400

Hi all,

        I was just checking the availability of v$ views in nomount and mount stages. I got stuck with V$CONTROLFILE .

        As the controlfile locations are specified in init.ora file , I think it should be available in NOMOUNT stage itself.

        It doesn't give any error and displays ZERO record in NOMOUNT stage while in mount stage it displays the correct info.

        Could someone explain please ....

TIA, Received on Thu Aug 24 2000 - 02:42:56 CDT