SHARED_POOL_SIZE

From: Weerd Kirsten, E.C. de <Kirsten.deWeerd_at_Oranjewoud.nl>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 11:45:16 +0100

Hi,

I'm thinking about upsizing the shared_pool_size parameter of our DB. It is currently set at 35000000, but due to excessive increase of simultanious user-transactions, we've been getting several ORA-4031 lately.

I've been looking hard everywhere as to how to determine a more appropriate sizing. Plans are to upgrade it to 50000000.

But I've been reading about swapping etc. which could mean the SGA is too big for the available memory. How can I determine if the machine (HP-UX 10.20) has enough memory available for such settings ???

Thanx, Received on Thu Aug 24 2000 - 05:45:16 CDT