Re: Shared Pool problem

From: Mohammad Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 14:56:40 EDT

Hi,
It is better to reboot your box and try to recompile. Sometimes it is memory related problem. If it still persists, contact Oracle Support who may suggest you to run catalog.ora and catproc.ora and recompile all invalids because of it.
Regards
Rafiq

From: "Boivin, Patrice J" <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca> Reply-To: ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Subject: Shared Pool problem
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 04:47:33 -0800

I just finished re-organising a server, with two databases.

One database is fine, the other has major problems with the data dictionary I think.

I can compile most of the views, except all_tab_columns, all_tab_comments, and all_col_comments.

Although all the other views compile, many of the data dictonary views will not run.

Even when I log in as myself (with DBA role) or as SYSTEM, I can't query v$sga, but if I log in as SYS I can query it no problem.

There is plenty of free space in the Shared Pool, according to v$sgastat.

I am getting a number of ORA-600 errors:

Wed Aug 23 01:43:23 2000
Errors in file /oracle/oradata1/bank2/user_dump/ora_7946.trc: ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [2141], [3936401603],
[3936401908], [], [], [], [], []

Wed Aug 23 11:52:31 2000
Errors in file /oracle/oradata1/bank2/user_dump/ora_14952.trc: ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [729], [552752], [space leak],
[], [], [], [], []

Wed Aug 23 16:30:11 2000
Errors in file /oracle/oradata1/bank2/user_dump/ora_17653.trc: ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [17176], [0], [], [], [], [], [],
[]

Any ideas?

Regards,
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des systèmes
Technology Services        | Services technologiques
Informatics Branch         | Direction de l'informatique
Maritimes Region, DFO      | Région des Maritimes, MPO

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
   INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca