Urgent: ORA-12571

From: <cyhu_at_eachnet.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 10:03:34 +0800

 ORA-12571 errors were found recently in the log file and the applicatons were disconnect from the database server.

$oerr ora 12571

ORA-12571: TNS:packet writer failure

Cause: An error occurred during a data send.

Action: Not normally visible to the user. For further details, turn on tracing and reexecute the operation. If error persists, contact Worldwide Customer Support. I

Many trace files were produced in the udump directory.

Below is extracted from the trace file:
FATAL ERROR IN TWO-TASK SERVER: error = 12571 Tue Aug 22 20:35:26 2000
ksedmp: internal or fatal error

I doubted that this was somewhat brought out by the applications. But our application developers insisted that their applications were 'no problem' since the applications were running well most time.

Then what was the reasom at all? What should I do?

Any suggestions? Received on Tue Aug 22 2000 - 21:03:34 CDT