How to find osuser and machine name connected to database

From: Abhijit Bhivapure <abhivapure_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 01:54:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi folks,

        I want to know the operating system username and machine name of the user who is connected to database.

I tried v$session view, But In case of user connected through forms 4.5 I am getting the os_user as 'OraUser'
and machine = NULL .
I also tried to find it from the Listener.log on the server, but same problem.

can anybody help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail  Free email you can access from anywhere! http://mail.yahoo.com/ Received on Tue Aug 22 2000 - 03:54:47 CDT