RE: Long Raws --> BLOBS

From: Diana Duncan <Diana_at_fileFRENZY.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 09:39:46 -0400

And what about plain old RAW? I have a need for a binary column upon which we will do bitwise operations, and it seems that RAW is more manageable than BLOB. Also, the column isn't large, so it seems weird to me to use a "large" object type. Anyone have any insight as to the advantages/disadvantages of each?

Diana Duncan

Author: Randy Christiansen
  INET: randy_christiansen_at_auto-soft.com