Does API Call Exist to Add Entry to Tnsnames.ora?

From: Sam Bootsma <SamB_at_cpas.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 16:40:42 -0400

Hi,

We are a development shop that uses Oracle as a back end. When installing our client software (not Oracle client) we would like the ability to automatically add an entry to tnsnames.ora, rather than having the user run Net8 Assistant (or some other Oracle tool) to do that for us.

Does anybody know of an OCI call (or another method) to do this?

Appreciate your assistance. Received on Tue Aug 22 2000 - 15:40:42 CDT