Re: DBA tools advice needed

From: Andreas Jung <ajung_at_sz-sb.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 18:27:17 +0200

On Mon, Aug 21, 2000 at 02:46:37AM -0800, Andrey Bronfin wrote:
> Dear DBAs !
>
> I'm desperately looking for a simple tool ( either Freeware or to purchase ) to administer / monitor / diagnose a remote Database .
> I'm currently investigating the Oracle Enterprise manager , and , to be honest , i don't like it too much . ( But probably i just haven't explored all of it's power yet ) .
> Which tools are U guys using ? Do U like them ?

I am using OraSnap (www.stewartmc.com/oracle/orasnap). OraSnap gives a very complete overview on one or more instances. We run it via cron every hour. It produces about 70 reports in HTML format. So you can get a quick overview with querying your v$* tables. And ....it costs nothing.

Cheers Received on Tue Aug 22 2000 - 11:27:17 CDT