More on Oracle 8i Triggering Statement

From: MacGregor, Ian A. <ian_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 21:30:27 -0700

My mail which was send several hours ago soes not seem to have reached fatcity. They were doing something with our smtp server here this afternoon which may be the reason. Anyway, I need to clarify my needs. I want to see the triggering statement when the statement fails. If I create a table in a very small tablespace and then try to insert a large amount of data in the table to force an error, I want the text of the insert statement.

The insert statement is in x$kgl_cursor. However, I don't know how to report out that row. There is no longer any connection with x$_kglpn. The statement which is connected woith x$_kglpn and also v$session is the code for the trigger itself, and not the statement which caused the trigger to fire.

Ian MacGregor
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
ian_at_slac.stanford.edu Received on Tue Aug 22 2000 - 23:30:27 CDT