RE: OEM 2.1 - Discover Database Problem (Win2000)

From: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY) <Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 01:18:23 -0000

Hi,
Also check that the agent has registered the database.

Have a look in the \network\agent\services.ora and the snmp_ro.ora and snmp_rw.ora files (in either the tns_admin directory or \network\admin)

If the database is not listed there then you may need to do a clean start of the agent.

You might also want to check on MetaLink

	Doc ID:  Note:71910.1
	Subject:  Common console discovery errors

To do a clean start of the agent
	stop the service

	   from tns_admin dir or \network\log (or where ever they are)
	backup & then delete the snmp_rw.ora
	backup & then delete the snmp_ro.ora

  	   from network\agent
      backup & then delete services.ora

	start up the database & listener (maybe just the listener is
required)
	start up the agent
         the 3 files that you deleted should be recreated

	   also check the
	\network\log\nmi.log

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Bruce Reardon
Analyst / Programmer
Comalco Aluminium (Bell Bay)

mailto:bruce.reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au

Author: Walter K
  INET: alden14004_at_yahoo.com

Author: Nguyen, Long
  INET: Long.Nguyen_at_its.csiro.au