RE: Timed_statistics, True or False

From: Nguyen, Long <Long.Nguyen_at_its.csiro.au>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 10:19:26 +1000

I agree with Winnie that timed_statistics should be turned on. In fact I think Oracle should just turn on statistics by default and not making the timed_statistics parameter available. I think Oracle has made many init.ora parameters available which on one hand giving us DBAs the power to manipulate the system performance and on the other hand making the system more complex than necessary and making our job harder.

Long

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com