Re: Simple DBA Type Question

From: Ruth Gramolini <rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 10:45:49 -0400

You can determine the size of the whole database by using the following: SELECT (SUM(BLOCKS)*4096) DB_SIZE from dba_extents;

You can get the size of table by using this: SELECT (SUM(BLOCKS)*4096) DB_SIZE from dba_segments where segment_name='your_segment_name' and segment_type='TABLE';

Have a look at these two views to get variations on the theme.

HTH,
Ruth