Re: autoextend system

From: <Kip.Bryant_at_Vishay.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 14:40:43 -0700

Michael,

I get the impression that autoextend was kind of buggy pre V8. I finally started using it this year and so far so good. And I would definitely set max size, too. Anyway, here's a script for monitoring datafiles on autoextend that someone else posted. I added one minor revision to it to drop out fully extended autoextend datafiles.

column cur heading "Data|File|Size"
column max heading "Max|Auto|Extend"
column inc heading "Auto|Extend|Increm"
column ext heading "No Of|Free|Extnts"

column hifre heading "High|Free|Extent"
column totfre heading "Tot|Free|Space"
select substr(d.tablespace_name,1,11) tablespace,
        substr(d.file_name,20,17) filename,
        to_char((d.blocks * 8192)       /1048576,'9,999')||'M'  cur,
        to_char((f.maxextend * 8192)    /1048576,'9,999')||'M'  max,
        to_char((f.inc * 8192)          /1048576,'9,999')||'M'  inc,
        to_char(count(*),'9,999')                               ext,
        to_char(max(s.bytes)            /1048576,'9,999')||'M'  hifre,
        to_char(sum(s.bytes)            /1048576,'9,999')||'M'  totfre
from sys.dba_data_files d,sys.filext$ f,sys.dba_free_space s
where (d.file_id         = f.file#
  and s.file_id(+)      = f.file#) and

  not (d.blocks = f.maxextend)
group by d.tablespace_name,d.file_name,d.blocks,f.maxextend,f.inc /

Kip