Re: SQL*Loader and the truncate command

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 18:25:48 -0400

That is interesting. Coincidentally, I was reading up on the TRUNCATE command in the manual just two days ago. To my surprise, there is a REUSE STORAGE option that causes a table to be truncated in a way that preserves the extents. Somehow I'd never seen that option before. That must be what SQL*Loader is doing--TRUNCATE table REUSE STORAGE.

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com =20
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are

On Mon, 21 Aug 2000 13:06:13 -0800, you wrote:

>Howdy,
>
> I just learned something that maybe the rest of you already know. =
But if