Locally managed tablespaces

From: Helmut Daiminger <hdaiminger_at_vivonet.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 21:17:43 -0700

Hi!

I got more of a conceptual question this time: It seems like there are only advantages to using locally managed tablespaces for data and index tablespaces as well as temp and rollback tablespaces.

What is reasonable? Or can I never go wrong by making all tablespaces locally managed? Or what criteria do I apply to judge whether it makes sense to make a tablespace locally managed? (Other than the uniform extent sizes).

Thanks,
Helmut

BTW: This is 8.1.6 (if that matters...) Received on Mon Aug 21 2000 - 23:17:43 CDT