RE: Oracle7.3 ARCH parameters settings -- what is the reasonable ceil

From: Boivin, Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 22:41:34 -0300

Never mind, I figured it out.

I plugged in the highest values I dared in init.ora, and Oracle = informed me
that the max values are 128 and 5. We had 128 and 4 buffers.

I changed it to 5, but that won't speed up ARCH by very much.

Oracle8i with up to 5 archivers sounds much better, I wonder if it = really is
faster.

Regards,
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des syst=E8mes
Technology Services        | Services technologiques
Informatics Branch         | Direction de l'informatique=20
Maritimes Region, DFO      | R=E9gion des Maritimes, MPO

	Author: Boivin, Patrice J
	  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

	San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing
Lists