RE: Auto Start listener

From: Carle, William T (Bill), NBSO <wcarle_at_att.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 12:59:05 -0500

Hi,

    I start my listener in the same script where I start the database and it is run in the boot process. Why would there be a problem? The part of my script that does it is below:

lsnrctl start lsn_SNWR
sleep 3
proccnt=`ps -fu oracle | grep -v grep | grep -c 'tnslsnr lsn_SNWR'` if [ $proccnt -eq 1 ]
then

    echo "Oracle listener started successfully" else

    echo "Oracle listener did not come up. Contact DBMG." fi

Bill