Re: PRODUCT_PROFILE restrictions on aparticular table

From: Joseph S. Testa <teci_at_oracle-dba.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 06:57:43 -0400

Not sure why you would want the schema owner to not be able to update their own table, but here goes:

create a trigger on that table that does a before update and raises an exception, it will need to be owned by someone other than the schema owner and that person will need create any trigger.

unless i'm missing something here(is the question as easy as revoke update priv on the table from everyone and i've read too much into it?)

joe

Joe Testa  http://www.oracle-dba.com
Oracle 8i documentation online http://www.oracle-dba.com/oracle-docs